When talking about you finished photographs or wedding album the subject of editing will come up. The style should already have been discussed before the pictures have been taken but any wedding or event package will come with a number of edited pictures. Some lightly edited and some fully edited.
Depending on what you the customer wants, and how many edited photos you need will effect how long it takes. Simple edits take seconds and can be applied across lots of photos in one hit. More complex editing can easily take 20 plus minutes per picture.
So here are some of the things we photographers can change in edits :
- Skin tone, we can soften and smooth
- We can remove blemishes and spots on people and things
- Object and people can be removed or added ( difficult to make it look good )
- Colour can be added, made to stand out or changed
- We can turn into black and white
- Light and dark can be used to make parts of a picture pop out or fade into the background
- Blur can be added or removed
Just like smart phones and filters we can use the quick easy way with presets and get good but not perfect results. Or we can take longer and get pictures that really stand out and gives the wow factor. It is a matter of time and effort. That is why discussing with your photographer how many edited photos and to what level they are worked on is so important.
Style is important and if you look at a photographers website or social media you will get a good feel for what they are producing. There is a good chance they will show both extremes of their editing style. From lightly to fully edited. This should help you decide what to go with and what you want your finished photos to look like. The most important persons in this process are you, you want photographs that you love to look at and to show others. It is worth the time and effort to get it right.