If you want to get the most from a photo shoot there are few things that can really help you on the session:
- Enjoy your time, you are paying for this and it can be great fun
- Your photographer wants to get great shots of you so work together
- Be willing to experiment, bad photos are easily deleted
- Everyone has good photos in them and it is worth the work to bring them out
- A really great portrait takes only one click, but its not obvious what click till editing time
- The difference between ok and great can be subtle, all those little changes are worth it
- Speak up, what you want will make for better photos
- Think about what you have on, can it be changed to give a different look ? Jacket on / off be playful
- If you have a side you feel is better tell the photographer
- Something you don’t like about yourself, good photography can definitely help mask or divert attention
A great photograph is something that can last beyond a life time. I can visit my mum and dads wedding, that happened years before my birth because they had wonderful photos taken on the day. I can look back on how young and slim I was, by looking back on my portrait taken in full military uniform in the 1980’s. My memories of these moments are enhanced by photos I treasure.
A family or personal photograph is an investment in you memories. So many pictures are taken and forgotten nearly as quickly. A quality picture especially when printed is something to treasure.